Hello everyone and welcome to my first blog post of 2019. I hope you are all managing to keep warm and dry during all this snowy weather we are having?
Today I’m sharing with you my altered envelope.
I was recently sent a collection of items as shown. This collection included dies from Joy Crafts. I have never used their dies before but was really impressed with how they cut and how easily they released especially as the cuts were quite intricate.
If you’re anything like me, you probably have a stash of envelopes at home that never get used. I buy premade cards and envelopes but as my cards have loads of embellishments, I never use the envelopes but can’t bear to throw them out. I have turned this envelope into a pocket that would be perfect for housing a tag but equally this could be adapted to be used inside a memory book. Envelopes are also a great base for making memory books from.
I used a DL envelope here, but this would work well with any size.
The papers I have used are from Craft Sensation, I say papers, but they are actually card stock. They are double sided with a variety of spring time patterns.
To begin I sealed the envelope then trimmed the top edge off with a guillotine.
I cut a piece of the paper pad slightly smaller than the size of the envelope. I distressed the edges and inked with distress ink before fixing to the envelope. I attached it to the side with the flap, so it was hidden.
I then cut 2 more layers of the paper in contrasting colours, distressing and inking the edges.
To add some interest, I die cut a fancy border edger die from cream card. I edged this with distress ink to age it and fixed this to the back of layer as shown.
The smaller layer was wrapped with some silk ribbon. This is fab quality and a beautiful vintage dusky pink colour that matches the paper pad well. The 2 layers were then attached to the base layer.
Using the Joy Craft layering flower dies a cut a number of layers from cream card stack. These dies cut really well and the faux stitched edges to the flowers add to the distress/vintage look. 2 layers is all that is needed to create a flower. Again, using the same distress ink, I inked the edges of the flowers before layering and adding a pearl drop to the centre of each one. I also cut and inked some of the leaf fronds and attached to the project as shown before stamping a sentiment and attaching.