Freedom Member Shelagh Metselaar has been watching Hochanda since Day One, switching between her laptop and iPad, and battling intermittent Wi-Fi as she was in Kuwait at the time!
Having taught as a Primary School teacher for over 30 years, arts and crafts has always been apart of Shelagh’s life – she started with a sewing machine that only worked in a forward direction, and over time has turned her hand to card-making and papercraft.
Today she brings you the perfect card for the most special of days – a Wedding!
To make this card, Shelagh used:
Clarity Stamps Tresh Cuts – Nested Windows – 2nd smallest, 3rd smallest, smallest
Sizzix – Funky Festive – 701488
Crafter’s Companion – Centura Pearl – A4 Double-sided
Tonic – Silver Textured
Clarity Stamps – Word Chain 01 – ‘Day’ from ‘Birthday’; Word Chain 07 – ‘A’; Word Chain 18 – ‘Perfect’
Clarity Stamps – Wee Folk 5 – Wedding Set
New Design Groovi Club #8
Crafter’s Companion Gemini Die Cutter
Cosmic Shimmer Glue & Brads
1.Place A4 Centura Pearl card in landscape orientation on scoreboard and score at two and seven eighth inches or 7.3cm from top to bottom. Burnish fold.
2. Turn card around by 180 degrees and score from top to bottom as in 1) at 3ins or 7.6cm. Burnish fold.
NB – If there is a slight overlap, trim.
3.Open card out and place smallest Nested Window die halfway over the right hand edge, with apex of die along this edge. Only half a window to be cut out.
4.Repeat this step, but use 2nd smallest die on left edge.
5.From matching card, cut a frame each from smallest and second smallest Nested Window dies and also from 2nd smallest and 3rd smallest dies.(Retain ‘waste’ window for card inside.)
6. Attach over die-cut edges (either with narrow double sided tape or wet glue,) so the smaller frame (right-hand side) fits inside the larger one (left-hand side.)
7. Trim back top of card if desired.
8.Cut selected Sizzix dies three times – twice from Centura Pearl and once from Tonic silver card.
9.Attach to card with wet glue.
10. Stamp couple onto reserved window and attach to centre of card.
11. Stamp or die-cut sentiment and add to card.
12. On the remaining die-cut window ‘waste,’ stamp chosen sentiment and images. In my example, Clarity Stamps ‘Wee Folk’ and Word Chains were used.
13. A trio of Groovi flowers were add to complete the card. (New Design Groovi Club #8 used here but other plates contain floral images.)