Hello again everyone, today I’m sharing with you how I made this card using Graphic 45 papers. I have been collecting and admiring Graphic 45 products for some time but struggle to use them as I can’t bear to cut into them… I know I’m not alone here!
These papers are truly special. They are amazing quality and the prints are divine, they also smell amazing… yes I’m a paper sniffer!
I love building layers on my cards and Graphic 45 are perfect for this as everything coordinates. As I’m sure you have noticed I cannot make anything without adding flowers, ribbon and embellishments.
To make this card you will need:
Graphic 45 Floral Shoppe Collection
7×7 card blank
Paper flowers and berries
Dawn Bibby stamens
Bird cage & leaf dies
Here’s what I did:
First of all I covered the card blank with patterned paper. I chose the yellow diamond paper.
I then cut a smaller piece of a different patterned piece. I distressed the edges and glued to the base layer. I folded back some of the torn edges and glued them down, revealing the pattern on the reverse. This is a good technique to use when using double sided papers.
Next, I cut a strip of the same paper used for the second layer and attached this across the centre of the card with the reverse pattern face up. I then glued a doily in place as shown.
Using one of the post cards, I created a topper by fixing a piece of ribbon across the lower part and then wrapped twine around the centre of the ribbon. I tied a double bow and glued a button to the centre of the bow as shown.
To create added detail, I die cut a bird cage from white card and painted it with copper paint to give an impression of metal.
I like to make my own metal looking embellishments from card apart from anything else it’s cheaper! There are so many great metallic paints on the market the same look can be achieved by using gilding polish.
I then glued the bird cage to the card front and added paper flowers, die cut leaves, stamens and pieces of coloured raffia. I also fussy cut a flower from the background paper and added this to the flower arrangement. To finish I randomly placed some self-adhesive gems.