We’re so excited that Mandy Noble will be joining us for Thursday’s Sizzix Patchwork One Day Special this week that we wanted to share with you this beautiful Scotty Dog Cushion Project with you!
You Will Need:
- Sizzix® Big Shot™ Machine (660200) or
- Sizzix® Big Shot™ Express Machine (660850) or
- Sizzix® Big Shot™ Plus Machine (660020)
- Sizzix™ Bigz™ L Die – Scottie Dog by E L. Smith (661279)
- Plain blue fabric – 45 x 35cm (18” x 14”) for cushion front
- Plain beige fabric – 45 x 35cm (18” x 14”) for cushion back
- Plain grey – 35 x 15cm (14” x 6”) for dogs
- Grey and white spot fabric – 35 x 15cm (14” x 6”) for dogs
- Plain pale blue fabric – 6cm square (2 ½”) for heart
- Fusible web – 35 x 35cm (14” x 14”)
- Grey piping cord – 1.25m (50”)
- Cushion pad – 39 x 28cm (15 ¼” x 11”)
Finished size – 39 x 28cm Approx (15 ¼” x 11”)
RS – Right Sides
WS – Wrong Sides
How to Make:
1. Cut a 6cm square from the fusible web and fuse to the wrong side of the plain pale blue square.
2. Cut the fusible web into 2 pieces 35 x 15cm, and fuse to the wrong side of the plain grey and the spot fabrics.
3. Using the die and machine cut out 1 pair of dogs in plain grey and 1 pair in spot.
4. Using the photo as a guide, trim the spot Scotties so that they look like a dog coat.
5. Fuse the grey dogs to the cushion front (again using the photo as a guide) and then fuse the spotted coats to the dogs.
6. Machine or hand stitch around the outline of the dogs.
7. Hand cut a heart from the plain pale blue square; fuse it between the dogs and stitch in place.
8. Trim the cushion front and back pieces to measure 42cm x 31cm.
9. Stitch the front and back cushion pieces, RS together with a 1.5cm seam allowance and leave a 15cm opening in one side.
10. Turn the cushion cover RS out and insert the cushion pad.
11. Slipstitch the open edges together.
12. Hand stitch the piping cord around the edge of the cushion and securely fasten the ends together to complete.