Hello everyone, I hope you all had a lovely Christmas? It seems like ages ago now. Today I’m sharing with you how I altered this wooden spoon to incorporate mixed media. I have so many embellishments – I thought this would be a good way to use them up.
The secret to mixed media is that there are no rules so anything goes! The hardest part is knowing when to stop. This was really quick and easy to make, I made this in under 1 hour. I’m now looking around the kitchen at other items I can alter.
What you will need:
- Wooden spoon
- Deco art white gesso
- Deco art modelling paste
- Imagination crafts starlight paint
- Deco art metallic paint
- Bee crafty dinkable stencil
- Embellishments from my stash
- Hot glue gun
How to make it:
1. I roughly painted the spoon with a thin layer of gesso.
2. I gave it a blast with a heat gun to make sure it was dry, although it was almost touch dry by the time I had painted the whole spoon.
3. Next, I randomly applied the modelling paste through a stencil using my finger.
4. I gave the modelling paste a blast with a heat gun and once it had dried I then picked 3 colours of paint, and brushed them on, blending them together. Then using my finger again, I randomly applied more modelling paste and covered it with micro beads and allowed to dry.
5. To finish I literally stuck lots of different embellishments all over with hot glue.