To celebrate her shows with Hochanda today, Debbie Shore has kindly put together 6 step-by-step guides to help you to create some of her wonderful Threaders projects!
Create a stunning wreath of table centre piece just using squares of fabric and some covered buttons! To make the wreath even more impressive, try adding applique, smaller squares inside the large ones, or bind the edges of each square. Use a 6mm seam allowance.
- 12 x 15cm squares of plan fabric
- 12 x 15cm squares of patterned fabric
- 12 x fabric covered buttons (I use my Button Factory)
- To make the wreath more substantial, 12 x 15cm squares of fusible fleece.
- Heat erasable ink pen and ruler
1. If using a fleece, fuse to the wrong side of the patterned fabric. Take each plain piece and sew right sides together with a patterned piece of fabric, leaving a gap of about 4cm for turning. Snip across the corners.
2. Turn the right side out and press. Edge stitch around each square, as close to the edge as you can.
3. On the plain side of each square, measure 7.5cm from the top corner, and 2.5cm from the opposite corner and join the marks with two lines.
4. Sew the squares together along these lines.
5. When the circe is complete, give the wreath a blast of steam from your iron to take away the inked lines.
6. Pinch together the corners of each square and add a button to secure. I like to pop a bit of fabric glue behind my buttons to keep them secure.
Make sure you watch Hochanda every day 24/7 for lots of fun and crafty demonstrations and inspiration from your favourite guests, including the amazing Debbie Shore! You can watch Hochanda live online, Sky channel 663, Freeview 39 (12am – 4am) or Freesat 817.