Hi everyone, here I am again, talking about Christmas in July. I’m sorry if everybody is fed up with all the Christmas talk already but me personally I love Christmas all year round. I always start my Christmas crafting early and in actual fact, I made all this years Christmas cards last year so I am already prepared. I thought for my second Christmas blog I would give you all a sneaky peek of some new dies coming soon. Dawn will be bringing them to you on the 22nd and 23rd July on Hochanda. They are the brand new woodland dies. I have made this card using Dawn’s new “Woodland View” Christmas die set, although you could use this set for anytime of the year!
You will need to create this card:
Woodland view die set
Craft buddy Christmas hand made papers
6×6 card blank
Black glitter card
Gold glitter card
Craft buddy moonrock gems
Craft buddy star gems
Dawn Bibby Black moonshine pen
Dawn Bibby quick stick glue
Red liner tape
1. Start by covering your 6×6 card blank in gold mirri card.
2. With just the outside edge of the die, die cut a circle in the black glitter card and also the snowflake acetate.
3. Die cut the whole woodland scene with the outside edge out of the handmade Christmas papers and a sheet of green mirri card.
4. Die cut the rabbits out of gold mirri and gold glitter card.
5. Die cut the birds out of gold mirri and red mirri
6. Layer up as follows: black glitter circle, gold mirri rabbits, snowflake acetate circle, woodland scene cut out of the handmade paper.
7. Cut the grass part out of the green mirri card and layer on top
8. Add the die cut gold mirri rabbits using glue gel.
9. Place the die cut birds in the trees and then if wanting to use as robins, cut out the red breast part of the birds you cut out of the red mirri card.
10. Stick the adhesive star gems on the snowflake acetate in random places to imitate a night sky.
11. Colour your clear moonrock gems with your black alcohol pen and stick in the four corners of your card.
I hope you’ve liked this Christmas card step by step. I hope I’ve inspired you and given you some ideas. Would love to know what you think!