Creating a “touch of spring” card using the stamps and dies from the “Gemini” range by Sharon HoldenHochanda /
Hi everyone and welcome back to my blog. I really can’t believe it’s the 16th December! Christmas is just round the corner! I hope everyone is now organised. I love the run up to Christmas, buying presents, wrapping, making and writing cards, putting the decorations up, but most of all I love being able to spend some precious time with family and friends.
For this months blog I have been playing with the Gemini by Crafter’s Companion “Pointed Petal” stamp and die set. I have created a card using them and here is the step by step.
For this card I used:
- Pointed Petal die and stamp set from Crafter’s Companion
- Spectrum Noir sparkle pens, shades of spring set (moonlight, pink champagne and soft jade)
- Memento ink pad in London fog
- White card stock
- Dawn Bibby moonshine pens in pastel peach and GY
- Craft Buddy decorative trim
- Dawn Bibby 8 x 8 cream card
- Dawn Bibby quick stick glue
- Glue gel
- Silver mirri card
- Die cut each of the petals eight times and the smallest of the stamens once.
2. Then stamp each of the petals with the corresponding stamp (you could if you wished stamp the petals on card first and then die cut out the petals, the choice is yours).
3. I then coloured each of the petals using the sparkle pens, I highlighted parts of the petals by going over with the same sparkle pen when dry.
4.When you have coloured them all in you can then start to layer up your flower. Start with the largest eight petals and arrange in a circle, use glue in the circle part of the flower to stick each petal together.
5. Do the same for each layer of the flower.
6. Stick all four layers of the flower together and then glue the stamen into the centre.
7.Take an 8×8 cream card and matt a silver mirri square onto it.
8. Take some of the decorative trim and using Dawn’s pens colour the circles, alternating the colours.
9. Add the trim to the left side of the card and also in the corners of the card.
10. Glue your layered flower into the centre of your card.
11. Take one circle from the decorative trim and glue into the centre of the stamen.
I hope you have enjoyed this blog and would love to know what you think.
I would like to take this opportunity to wish everyone a very Happy and peaceful Christmas and New Year.
See you all soon.