‘Blast from The Past’
Oh my goodness, I really couldn’t be more excited if I tried. My very first One Day Special on Hochanda. I have been working on this collection for quite a long time. I really wanted to bring you something new, unique and exciting and I hope you will agree that it is. The question is: Will you ‘Dare to Be Different’? I really would love for you to join me on Monday 27th for lots of fun and inspiration. Here is a card, made with just one of the stamp sets in the new collection.
You will need:
Craftascope A5 Plus Retro Vibes Stamp Set
8 x 4 1/2” Card Blank, Either White or Centura Pearl
5” Square White Stamping Card
Blue Coordinating Card For Layering
Distress Oxides: Mermaid Lagoon & Squeezed Lemonade
Archival Black Ink Pad
Tacky Glue, 3D Glue Gel, Foam Pads
1) Use Retro Vibes solid rectangles with Mermaid Lagoon
2) Use the coordinating rectangle frames to overstamp, using the black ink.
3) Finish off your design with the circles from the same stamp set, this time using the Squeezed Lemonade. Stamps some over the edge.
4) When fully dry, cut your design into 4, each 2 1/2” square. Mount 3 of these squares onto coordinating card using tacky glue.
***Top Tip*** To get the perfect match for your layering, use white card and the ink you have used in your project.***
5) Cut three strips all 8” long, one white 1 1/4” wide, one blue 1” wide and another white 3/4” wide. Colour the widest of these with Squeezed Lemonade and set aside to dry.
6) Stamp and repeat your sentiment along the thinnest strip. Then decorate with the stamps to coordinate with your panels.
7) Mount your sentiment onto the remaining strips using Tacky Glue.
8) Layer a piece of matching blue card onto your card base, leaving a narrow border.
9) Secure your sentiment strip on the left hand side of your card base, again using Tacky Glue.
10) Then using either foam pads or 3D glue gel, position and secure your card toppers.