Hello everyone and welcome back to my blog, I really can’t believe we are nearly in February already! It will be spring and then summer before we know it, all the beautiful flowers in bloom. I was thinking of summer that inspired me to make a wreath incorporating the brand new “roses” flower making kit from Craft Buddy. It is such a versatile kit that can be used in all your card making, mixed media and as I’m going to show you it can be used in home decor.
For this step by step you will need:
- Craft Buddy Rose making kit
- Craft Buddy small resin roses
- String of resin butterflies/pearls (own stash)
- Craft Buddy lace leaves
- MDF wreath
- MDF greeting
- MDF butterflies
- Craft Buddy shimmer paints in gold dust and chocolate surprise
- Craft Buddy glitter glazes
- Dawn Bibby peach moonshine pen
- Pretty gets gritty gel medium
- Glue gun
1. Paint your wreath using the chocolate surprise shimmer paint (allow to dry).
2. Tie your ribbon around and then using gel medium, glue your acetate to the back of the wreath.
4. Paint your MDF greeting using the gold dust shimmer paint (allow to dry).
5. Carefully paint the MDF butterflies using the glitter glazes (allow to dry).
6. Using gel medium, glue your MDF greeting into the centre of the acetate.
7. Arrange the lace leaves around the wreath and glue on using gel medium.
8. Using your glue gun, attach the string of resin butterflies and pearls around the wreath.
9. Make your roses using the kit (following the instructions included). Cut the stem off the back so you have a flat bottom and then using your glue gun attach to the wreath.
10. Colour your small resin roses using the peach moonshine pen and glue randomly around the wreath.
I hope you have enjoyed reading my latest blog and step by step. I had lots of fun making this summer inspired wreath, I would love to know what you think.
Take care and see you all next time
Love Sharon x