“Hello” again and welcome back to my blog. This year has seriously flown by and I can’t believe we are now in October!! I will soon be putting my Christmas decorations up (early I know but I like to get the full benefit out of them lol).
I have had such a busy time lately making samples and playing with brand new craft items. I thought I would share another of my absolute favourite craft items with you. They are the new Craft Buddy crystal glaze pots and crystal drops. The crystal glazes come in 6 colours: citrine, onyx, emerald, amethyst, spinel and garnet. The crystal drops have 3: black, white and transparent.
You can use them as glazes, add shine to your projects, make teardrops, mix the colours, add glitter to them, use them on MDF, acetate, with gem it stamps and dies, crystal art stamps, use them to paint resins and so much more. I found that adding Dawn Bibby’s copper glue tip to the end of the nozzle made it easier for precision work.
I have used them in so many different projects, here are just a few of them
1. I stamped a snowflake out of the crystal art stamp onto acetate twice and used the crystal drops in the black, transparent and white to create my own gem drops. I stuck them together and added a ribbon, it gives a stained glass window effect.
2. I painted one of Craft Buddy’s resin flower power collection using the glazes and a paintbrush and added a brooch pin to the back to make an unusual jewellery piece.
3. I used the drops and the glazes to paint the MDF shapes on this cat picture frame, they give such a glossy finish.
4. On the Christmas tree I used the glazes to colour all the baubles and star.
5. I used the garnet glaze to colour the poinsettia MDF shapes, added the citrine in the middle to look like berries and added to this MDF hanging.
6. I used the white crystal drops and added glitter to the MDF word “Snow”.
7. I used the glazes and the drops to decorate this MDF frame and shapes, adding the photo of Eric the dog in later.
8. I made a small circle canvas and added little transparent glaze dew drops onto it.
9. I made a wreath using resin flowers and a cherub. I actually mixed two together, the spinel glaze and the white crystal drops to give a much paler pink. I used the garnet glaze on the cherubs heart.
As you can see I have used the glazes and the crystal drops on so many of my projects in many different ways. They are now an essential in all my crafting. I’m so very excited too as more new ones are on there way!! There are some brand new liquid glitter glass drops that launched with Craig Laird on the 12th October, very exciting!!
Hope you’ve enjoyed this blog, would love to know what you think.
See you soon