Hi everyone! The last two weeks have been crazy for me filled with Planes, Trains & Automobiles as I travelled from Wisconsin to California, but I did (finally!!!) manage to get to play with this beautiful and fun set of dies and stamps! It was definitely the most fun I had all week. Just a quick PSA: my sister, who had breast cancer 11 years ago had it return, and then needed major surgery-to all the women out there, make sure you don’t miss your yearly check up! It could save your life.
Onto the card: here are all the materials, I did in the end change some things, but this gives a really nice overview of the many dies and stamps included in this range.
As you can see, there is a LOT to choose from! I’m proud to say I used almost everything on my final card. One of the things about flying across the country and trying to bring everything you think you will need, well, inevitably, you’re bound to forget something, like I did. I remembered my Big Shot, all the dies, stamps, cutting pads, stamp pads, paper…but forgot my Big Shot platform. Luckily, I had a sidekick that I was giving to my sister so was able to cut everything on that, but boy did that take a looooooong time!!
I have a very supportive family, so two days in, I had a new platform and a brand new Tim Holtz stamping platform! Stamping is now a breeze! If you can, do treat yourself to one of these, it makes a HUGE difference.
So, let’s start at the beginning, shall we? First off, I had to decide on paper, and I do believe I have already mentioned, this takes me almost more time than any other aspect of paper crafting. However, this time, it was a piece of cake because along with the dies and stamps, there was a really nice 6×6 patterned paper pad included with the whole set. Then it was time to start cutting. I chose the main dimensional to start with. I cut a piece of paper slightly larger than the die down, and ran it through. This was so I would have plenty of room to stick it down when that point came. Also, so the “back” of the fireplace had something to stick to. Like this:
Once that was done, I used the main fireplace die again to cut out the backing “wallpaper” and the “floor” by lining up the top and bottom with the handy notch that’s on the bottom end of the die, and then glued both on here, using my bone folder to smooth out the glue and make sure they were completely stuck.