Hi everyone, well it’s that time again that I show you how to make a Katy Sue image look entirely different by adding a bit of colour. I thought I would revisit the Say It With Flowers greyscale paper pad which was my first Design Team project for Katy Sue Designs. I was back then a little unsure as to what the artwork would look like coloured, the images that Teresa Goodridge are just to die for. Love them all, what a talented artist. The paper pads are brilliant because you can use your existing dies to make them look completely different, really lets your creative juices get flowing. I love using them and they are a go to in my craft room. There are four simple steps to make this card. Really hope you like it.
You will need:
- 1 x 6×6 square card
- Katy Sue Designs Say It With Flowers paper pad
- Silver mirri card
- Layering dies of your choice – I’ve used Dawn Bibby’s circle dies
- 3D foam pads
- Hot glue or silicone glue
- Red liner tape or high tack tape
- Double sided tape or wet glue of your choice – I’ve used Dawn Bibby’s amazing glue
- Alcohol markers or pencils to colour with (I’ve used Spectrum Noirs)
- Embellishments of your choice – I’ve used Craft Buddy Butterflies
- Gem for centre of bow (optional)
Stage 1: Choose your desired image and remove from the book. Cut out with your dies.
Stage 2: Cut a larger circle out of the silver mirri and mat and layer with the Katy Sue coloured image.
Stage 3: Add a strip of ribbon to the edge of the card using red liner tape and add 3D foam tape to the back of the mirror card. Stick on the front of your card so it slightly overlaps the ribbon.
Stage 4: Add your bow to the centre of the ribbon as shown in the picture and put your gem in the middle of the bow where the knot is and add the rest of your embellishments.
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial. Just a different take on the greyscale images. Hope you like it. I’m going to be at Create It in May really looking forward to that, my first Hochanda event. Hope to meet some of you there.