Most historians believe that Mothering Sunday evolved from the 16th Century practice of visiting one’s mother church on ‘Laetare Sunday’. As a result of this tradition, most mothers were reunited with their children on this day, when apprentices and young women in service were released by their masters for that weekend.
With Mothering Sunday coming up, here is an idea for a card for that special Mum.
You will need:
- 8 x 8 Paper pad from Be Creative ‘Days Gone By’ 2 sheets.
- Centura Pearl Dark Brown Card
- Centura Pearl Ivory Card Base
- Green Card for the Foliage
- Basic Oval Dies
- Postcard toppers or similar
- Victorian Velvet Distress Ink
- Leaf/Sprigs Die
- Floral Embellishments- Here I have used the FMM ‘Easiest Rose Ever’ cutters. There is a tutorial for these, in the Flower making series (Feb 2018)
- Collall 3D Glue Gel
- Tacky Glue