Hello again everyone!
I’m still challenging myself to make something different and today I’m going to share with you how I made this mixed media background. I love doing these sorts of projects as it doesn’t have to be perfect and is very forgiving, especially if you’re like me and can’t make anything straight! The challenge here was to not use bows, twine and pearls as I always do… I managed but it would look equally good with them.
I have left the background unmounted until I decide how I’m going to use it. It would look lovely in a box frame also.
What you will need:
- Imagination crafts starlight paints in anthracite & gold
- Decoart modelling paste
- Decoart green & blue metallic paints
- Sara’s signature shabby chic papers
- Frame die from Sara’s shabby chic range
- Paper flowers and metal charm from Craft Box
- Small piece of ribbon
- Honeycomb stencil – I used a sheet of artcutz from imagination crafts.
- Hot glue
- Foam pads
- Sponge applicator/stencil brush
- Die cutting machine
How to make it:
1. Take a piece of backing paper, I cut mine to 6×6 and stencil the script using anthracite starlight paint. Using the honey comb artcutz as a stencil apply modelling paste as shown. I have purposely gone for an uneven look.
2. When the modelling paste is dry, after about 20 minutes, reapply the stencil and sponge over a mixture of gold and green metallic paint until you get desired effect. I used a piece of cut up kitchen sponge.
3. Then die cut the frame die twice and glue both pieces together, then cut in half.
4. Glue this to left of background paper.
5. Cut a piece of contrasting backing paper and distress edges with scissors, attach as shown with foam pads.
6. Using hot glue attach paper flowers and metal charm as shown.
Thanks for popping by.