• 2 pieces of patterned fabric measuring 19” x 25”
• 2 pieces of lining fabric measuring 19” x 25”
• 2 pieces of fusible fleece measuring the same
1: Cut a curve around the bottom edge of each piece of fabric and fleece.
2. Turn one of the patterned pieces to the wrong side and draw a line each side, from the top, 4” from the side and 12” from the top. Using a 12” circle template, join the lines to make a curve.
3. With the patterned fabrics right sides together, cut around the curved line. You’ll see two handles forming. Measure 8” from the top of one of the handles and cut across.
4. Measure 10” from the bottom of each section on the bag and make a mark on either side.
5. Sew the two outer and two lining sections right sides together, starting at the mark you’ve just made, around the base and stopping at the next mark.
6. Drop the lining inside the outer bag so that the right sides are together. Sew the lining together with the outer fabric, starting and stopping at the marks on the side, stop sewing 2” from the end of each handle.
7. Turn the right way out through the end of one of the handles. This may be a bit of a squeeze but persevere!
8. Edge stitch all the way around the handles, this will close the openings as you sew. Thread the long handle through the small handle and your bag is finished!